User Instructions, Quick Start Guide of PHYMAT Infrared Mat
People who bought far infrared mats experienced significant benefits from using an FIR heating pad with crystals and gemstones. Although with the proven safe and effective treatment effects that many patients find as an effective mean of controlling their pain and soreness from muscle or joint injury while at home, you should still pay attention to the safety and precautions while using the infrared heating pad. Let’s configure how to use the infrared heating pad correctly and safely.
What’s in The Box?
Open the package box and lay out all components. Let’s see what’s in the box:
- PHYMAT Infrared Heating Pad, filled with gemstones and crystals on the top layer of the pad.
- The smart controller.
- The instruction manual & warranty card.
- A cotton quilted waterproof protection cover comes in full-body sizes (59x23inch, 67x27inch, and 70x31inch).
Setup the Infrared Heat Therapy Pad:
- Place the infrared mat wherever a flat surface you like, such as on the floor, a massage table, a sofa, or on the bed. A slightly stiffer surface is recommended.
- Then plug one end of the controller into the mat and the other into a power outlet. It is recommended to use a surge protector.
- You have now completed the assembly of your PHYMAT Infrared Heating Pad. Please refer to the controller and usage instructions for complete details on using the pad safely and correctly.
Prepare to Use Infrared Mat:
- Use the infrared mat in any comfortable way you like, either sitting or lying down.
- It is suggested to drink water before and after the use of the infrared mat. The heat from the mat may make your body sweat more than usual.
- Use a towel or cover to protect the mat from moisture and stains, as well as to alleviate some heat if the surface is too hot for you.
Setting the Infrared Heat
Depending on the thickness of the safeguard layers, you will need to adjust the temperature to your tolerance level. The temperature should never be set hotter than you can comfortably tolerate it.
Follow the controller instructions to set the temperature as below.
- Get started by connecting the controller’s attachment to the receptacle the on the mat.
- Then plug the controller into a safe, grounded power supply or outlet.
- Plug the other end of the controller into the power outlet. We suggest always using a surge protector.
- Flip the “POWER ON/OFF” toggle button to power on the mat. The POWER indicator light or Temperature Display on the controller should be lit and show a red light if the mat is getting power.
- Set the heating time. Press the time button to select the timer from 4-hour, 8-hour, or 12-hour settings. The time indicator shows you green light once the heating time is selected.
- Set the heating temperature. Turn the dial to set the heat temperature from 30° C (85° F) to 70° C (160° F). The temperature will be displayed in degree Celsius.
- Press the POWER ON/OFF Toggle button again to turn the mat off when desired.
- Red light LEDs can be turned ON by pressing the “Photon” toggle button on the controller separately. The “Photon” indicator will light up while in operation.
- Press the PEMF button (No5) to turn PEMF On/Off. The PEMF function works independently with or without heat.
It is NOT recommended to use the PHYMAT® Heating Mats on high-temperature levels for more than 20 minutes unless you’ve slowly worked your way up to longer time ranges. Do not use prolonged sessions on high-temperature levels without plenty of hydration and the approval of a licensed doctor.
How to Use Infrared Heating Pad?
Once you completed the temperature settings on the smart controller, just start to use the heat pad any way you like.
- Lie on the heating pad.
- Wrap the far infrared mat around the affected body part.
- Place the FIR heating pad on the body or a specific part of your body.
The pad should be positioned directly over the affected area. Just remember to place the stones’ faces towards your body.
Correctly Use The Waterproof Cover of The Mat
The full-body infrared heating pad comes with a cotton waterproof cover for sweat absorption, stains, and dirt prevention.
- Quilted layer with several needles punched cotton padding to maintain a dry top layer. This provides extra softness and more comfort for long sessions or sleeping.
- Waterproof yet air and vapor permeable heat resistant polyurethane membrane barrier repel fluids while allowing the air and moisture to escape.
- Crushed gemstones and crystals may be slightly hard or stiff to lay for a longer time or sleep on your mat. This 100% cotton padded cover works fine for cushioning the mat, distributing body weight, and buffering the crystals’ pressure either while sleeping on the mat or for long sessions.
- All covers are breathable and permeable for FIR rays, negative ions, and PEMF. But if you use your mat for red light you may prefer to do this without the cover.
When you use the cover or towel to cover the mat, you should always cover the entire surface. Partial coverage can cause the heat sensors to malfunction which can alter the temperature settings.
How long to use a heating pad for your condition?
There is no specific protocol for any individual using a heating pad for a specific condition. That said, everyone responds differently to different modalities. It is suggested that you limit the use to 20 minutes per session of continuous use for the first several weeks to measure how you tolerate the heat.
When you feel comfortable with the pad, you can begin to use it for a longer duration of continuous use.
Please note that the longer the duration, the lower the heat needs to be. Learning to adjust the heat to your tolerance will be key to achieving optimal results.
Storage and maintenance of far infrared heating pad
- If you sweat heavily while using the infrared biomat, you can set the mat on high heat so that the moisture can evaporate.
- After a few minutes turn off the power and unplug the controller from its power source. You should never leave your mat unattended while it is powered on.
- Use a slightly damp cloth to wipe off dirt and dust. You can also use a vacuum to remove any dust from the surface of the mat.
- For longer product life, keep the mat flat and place it under your bed. You can enclose it mattress inside the pillowcase type breathable cover with the zipper all around to protect it from dust.
- You can fold the mat for storage or delivery, just remove the power plug, and fold the mat inward (with crystals surface inside) at predetermined places. Some soft mats can be rolled up to make your packing smaller.
- Store the heating pad in a cool, dry place away from any risk of damage while the pad is not in use.
- Also, only transport the heating pad inside of the provided travel/storage bag.
PHYMAT infrared mats have been carefully engineered for both effectiveness and safety. Basic safety precautions should always be observed when using any electrical device. Before using this product, please carefully read and follow the instructions in this section. They explain the best way to use and care for the mat.
- Never immerse the mat in water, and do not use the product in wet or excessively humid areas. Do not use the device when your hands or body are wet.
- Children and people with disability should have a doctor’s permission and must be closely supervised when using the device. Infants should be strictly prohibited from using the mat.
- Do not use on heat-sensitive skin, especially the face, or genitals. Also, skin that is not sensitive to temperature change should not encounter the mat’s surface (i.e. diabetes or loss of feeling).
- People who have surgical implants made of titanium, metal, ceramic, or plastic can typically use an infrared heating pad. Surgical implants generally reflect infrared rays and are not heated by an infrared heating device. Either way, it is strongly recommended to consult a knowledgeable physician before use.
- Do not use liniments, salves, or ointments that contain heat-producing ingredients, unless recommended by a health care professional. Skin burns could result.
- Hydrate yourself well before and after sessions (including with minerals and electrolytes). The beneficial effects will be enhanced with good hydration.
- Start low and go slow! Use low settings to begin and gradually increase duration and temperature over time.
- If you have piercings or any other metal on your body, do not go above 104 °F (40 °C), unless that part of your body is off the mat or the metal is removed.
- DO NOT COVER WITH RUBBER MATS, FOAM TOPPERS, CAMP OR YOGA MATS, DO NOT FOLD OR BEND WHILE IN USE – you should NOT put anything non-permeable or substantial on top of the heating mat and you should NEVER fold it in half when it is heating. If heat is trapped, the mat may overheat, causing fire and burns. The warranty will be void, and the product life will significantly diminish.
- The rigid mats are designed to lay flat. Use only flexible, bendable PHYMAT® pads to wrap around the body, and a special chair mat to sit on your chaise, sofa, or armchair.
- To ensure your mat works for a long time, fold it as infrequently as possible and only after you turn it off and cool it down.