From sauna blankets to one-person sauna tents to wooden infrared sauna rooms, these portable infrared saunas bring you the rejuvenating and relaxing sauna experience at home.
The benefits of far-infrared sauna therapeutic sessions go far beyond sweating after a long day at work. It also removes toxins from the body, speeds up weight loss, increases blood circulation, releases stress and fatigue, and reduces pain from sore muscles or aching joints. It burns calories and improves skin tone among other benefits. Instead of sweating it out in the infrared sauna at the local wellness center, you may want to bring spa days closer and make relaxing a breeze. Now, there are portable infrared saunas, designed to be used in the comfort and convenience of your own home. This allows anyone who wants to start sauna sessions in the comfort of their own home to do so.
Portable infrared saunas are available on the market. They can be classified into three types: wooden infrared sauna rooms, portable infrared sauna tent and infrared sauna blankets.
In this article, we’d like to share several popular infrared saunas available on the market. We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of each type of portable sauna. I think that can be helpful for people who’re seeking a affordable way to enjoy all the relaxation and recovery benefits without having to leave your home.
Portable Infrared Sauna Room
The sauna room is designed for 1 to 3 people to enjoy the sauna at home in a room-like shape. With it, you can stand straight or just sit down on the bench equipped to enjoy your time. Every sauna room’s walls are constructed with durable wood planks that serve as an excellent heat insulator.
A series of carbon heating panels are equipped to emit beneficial penetrating FAR infrared waves that reduce blood pressure, remove body toxins, increase blood circulation, relieve joint pain, burn calories, and improve skin conditions.
Main features of wooden infrared rooms:
- Built with natural wood that offers a warm, sleek look.
- Intended for indoor or outdoor.
- Clear, tempered glass door with side windows makes this an attractive home staple.
- The intelligent entertainment system is equipped with speakers.
- A preset setting can be set up on the LCD/LED panel for time and temperature control.
Portable Infrared Sauna for Home Spas Indoor / Outdoor Hot Sales on Amazon
BOTARO Maxxus Saunas Infrared Sauna for 2 Persons
- Provides heat throughout the sauna with 6 infrared carbon heating panels of 1750 Watts each.
- Interior reading lamp with MP3 aux connection and built-in speakers
- Feet reflexology heating system and floor heater
- Operates up to a maximum 140F ideal operating temperature is between 120F to 130F
- Customer ratings above 4.7 stars.
LUCHEN One Person Far Infrared Wooden Dry Sauna
- Full size for one person to enjoy sauna at home, overall size is 33.833.873.2 inch.
- This infrared sauna is built with natural Canadian Hemlock wood that serves as an excellent heat insulator.
- Glass door is tempered for reliable performance.
- 1260W power can quickly reach the temperature you want.
- Temperature can be adjust among 68°F-140°F.
- Excellent for indoor use like living room, or bathroom.
Portable Sauna Tent
A sauna tent is a small one-person sauna that resembles the shape of a small tent. It is an excellent option for enjoying a sauna session at home. They are very easy to set up, use, and fold away when not in use. They use an infrared light heat source to gently heat the body directly.
SereneLife Portable Infrared Sauna Home Spa
- Sit-in sauna design, 37.831.527.6 inches, allowing one person to sit in it.
- Conveniently portable, you can pick it up or pack it up when needed.
- A foldable sauna chair is included in the portable sauna kit.
- Maximum Temperature Reached: 140° Fahrenheit (60° Celsius).
- Time Setting: Up to 60 minutes.
- Heating element power output: 1050 Watt
- Convenient hand access zippers for reading books and magazines.
Infrared sauna blanket
An infrared sauna blanket works like a sauna cabin. However, instead of sitting in a communal room, a person wraps a blanket containing infrared rays around themselves to warm their body. This small portable device can be rolled out on any suitable flat surface. It saves time by eliminating travel to the gym or spa. It can be an ideal alternative for those who don’t have a lot of space at home or don’t want to install a sauna room.
With a sauna blanket infrared light penetrates your body and heats your core from the inside. A sauna blanket completely wraps around your body providing 360 degree coverage.
REVIIV Far Infrared Sauna Blanket
- With a blanket size of 71 L x 32 W inches, the infrared sauna blanket suits all people under 67in (170cm).
- The blankets are built with layers of cotton and waterproof polyurethane that holds up to heat and sweat.
- The blanket’s heat range starts at 77 degrees F and goes up to 176 degrees F. You can pick any temperature you feel comfortable in this range.
- Portable sauna blanket delivers deep-penetrating FIR heat that can help burn calories faster, promote better sleep, and rejuvenate your body after a long day.
- A reusable, absorbent, and machine-washable cotton towel is included for easy home sauna sessions.
Infrared Heating Mat
Infrared heating mat is another alternative option of portable infrared sauna for your home. It looks like a yoga mat, but an infrared mat is much more flexible and smart for feeling “dry infrared heat” in your own home.
Some infrared heating mats include additional therapies like PEMF and Red Light (RL). In contrast to an infrared sauna blanket, infrared heating mats are much heavier. This is because they’re commonly built with a thick layer of gemstones and crystals, which emit infrared rays and negative ions when heated.
It’s easier than using infrared sauna blankets. All you need to do is put the mat on a suitable flat surface and lie down on it. If you want to get sweaty for detoxification and relaxation, you can cover yourself with a blanket or a waterproof PU-leather blanket. The mat has a padded cotton cover, which makes it very comfortable, and its washable so sweat does not get into the mat if you use it at a higher heat setting.
PHYMAT Infrared Heating Mats
PHYMAT is one of the most popular brands of infrared heating pads on the market. More like an BioMat alternative choice, PHYMAT infrared mats are filled with purple amethyst crystals, tourmaline stones, and also other healing energy gemstones like obsidian, agate, turquoise, etc. When the mat is heated, the gemstones can emit Far Infrared Rays and Negative ion.
Enjoy a full detox sauna with infrared heating mat
In fact, you can experience a deeply relaxing and therapeutic infrared sauna experience by using an infrared heating mat. Foodie wrote after purchasing PHYMAT’s 5-Gems Infrared Heating Pad: “A blanket would get it to the temperature faster and then you would be able to enjoy a full detox sauna with the blanket over you.”. I think this is a precious and reliable practice for people wondering whether a simple mat can bring a healthy spa at home.
People prefer this kind of bio mat health spa at home than other sauna rooms and tents. Let’s summarize the advantages of infrared heating mats according to the experience of thousands of our customers:
Why choose an infrared heating mat?
- Space saver – To make a full detox sauna, a simple mat and blanket are all that is needed.
- Convenient to use – Infrared heating pads don’t require installation, packing away before and after each sauna session for any other portable sauna room, tent, or sauna blanket.
- Multifunctional – Apart from starting a quick sauna session, infrared heating mats with multi crystals can be used in self-healing Reiki, meditation, hot yoga, muscle soreness and joint pain treatment assistance, and just a daily heat therapy application.
- Comfortable to use – The mat is thick and made up of multiple layers. The mat comes with a padded cotton cover to make it more comfortable to lie on. If you use a higher heat, the sweat won’t enter the mat.
- More durable to use – Among the multiple layers of the mat is a polyester hard cotton layer, which keeps the mat durable, resists tension, and protects it.
- More functions are available – Apart from infrared heat therapy, you can also gain PEMF therapy, red light therapy, and negative ion therapy by using infrared PEMF heating mats.
On a Infrared Amethyst Biomat (even if only for 15 minutes) you deeply relax and feel really comfortable. This is in part because of the healing trilogy of far infrared rays, negative ions, and amethyst crystals. This combines to make a very unique healing bed unlike any other in the world. You will notice a dramatic effect on relieving stress in your body at the end of a busy day.