When you use your PHYMAT Infrared Mat regularly in your life, you might need to clean it as often as when it’s dirty.
In general, you can cover your mat with a provided cover, towel, blanket or sheet to protect it from spills, sweat, or stains. This will keep the mat clean and protect your skin from the direct heat of the stones when the temperature is high.
Be sure to cover the ENTIRE mat surface whenever you cover the mat. Partial coverage can cause the heat sensors to malfunction.
The full-body Infrared Mats come with a protective cotton cover. The cotton cover can be easily washed in a washing machine.
To clean the controller, you can use a soft cloth, like a microfiber cloth. You can dampen the cloth to clean it off if there is something on it, but it shouldn’t be necessary. DO NOT immerse the control unit in water, or wet the control unit with water.
To clean the Infrared Mat itself, lightly wipe the heating pad with a dampened cloth before and after use. Please allow the heating pad to dry before use or storage.
5 Tips for cleaning your PHYMAT Infrared Heating Pad:
- Before cleaning or storing your Infrared Mat, make sure the power cord is disconnected from the heating pad and unplugged from the power source.
- Store your mat in a cool, dry place in the dust-proof bag provided.
- Do not hang the heating pad by the power cord or place additional weight on it during storage.
- Do not submerge the heating pad or power cord in water.
- Do not attempt to remove or clean stones. This may cause damage to your heating pad.