When you have back pain, all movement in your life can be hard. Standing up, sitting down, brushing our teeth, laughing, and even sleeping can be painful and has the potential to hurt you.
Don’t be too upset! We’re here to help. When back pain sets in, an infrared heating pad for back pain can be helpful.
After investigating the functions and effects of infrared heating pads on the market, we list the best heating pad for back pain relief, giving you comparisons of sizes, efficacy, materials, therapies, prices, and other more you should consider when you decide to buy an infrared mat for back pain relief.
We recommend products based on our independent research, analysis, and interviews. Apart from PHYMAT and Acada, other brands of heating pads are 3rd party linked products. You will be referred to their Amazon store by clicking the link.
PHYMAT Red Light and Hot Stone Therapy Mat
PHYMAT Heating Mat combines the pain relief of hot jade and tourmaline stone therapy with the soothing benefits of far infrared, negative ion, and red light stimulating cell repair and promoting blood circulation.
- 4-Therapies in one: Red light therapy, far infrared therapy, negative ion therapy, and hot stone therapy.
- Materials: High-quality PP Cotton, PU Leather, Natural Jade Gemstones, Ceramic Tourmaline Discs
- Smart Controller: Set & maintain 86°-158°F (displayed as 30°-70°C) for 1 to 12 hours.
Three sizes are available for you to select:
Natural jade stones and tourmaline discs for the ultimate natural ceramic heating pad, which will bring energetic realign, healing, and balance to your energy, traumas, and karma.
- Flexible Size: 37″ x 21″ (95cm x 55cm), perfect for treating your upper and low back pain, stiffness of shoulders, abdmen, legs, arms, and more.
- Lite Size: 31″ x 21″ (80CM x 50cm), allow the entire back to be treated with heat to relieve pain.
- Small Size: 23″ x 16″ (60CM x 40cm), flexible to wrap around a body part to relieve pain and soreness in your shoulders, waist, hips, legs, arms, knees, and feet.
Medium Size: 37″ x 21″
- Medium size, 37″ x 21″ (95cm x 55cm)
- 138 pieces of jade stones, and 138 pieces of tourmaline stones.
- Price: $109.99
Small Size: 31″ x 21″
- Small size, 31″ x 21″ (80CM x 50cm)
- 108 pieces of jade stones, and 108 pieces of tourmaline stones.
- Price: $89.99
Mini Size: 23″ x 16″
- Mini size, 23″ x 16″ (60CM x 40cm)
- 52 pieces of jade stones, and 52 pieces of tourmaline stones.
- Price: 69.99
Is a Heating Pad Good for Lower Back Pain?
This photon red light hot stone therapy mat is proven to be effective for your whole back pain relief.
I have entire back neck and shoulder pain from multiple sources. The difference between this and the more common type of soft heating pads, is in how the heat is emitted from the pad and how far it penetrates your body.devtank Reviewed in the United States on May 26, 2022
I thought the IR thing was a joke, but its not, you can see how far it projects it’s heat beam in a freezing cold room! Or just feel it with your hand, about 7″ above the pad.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the function of the the pad…
I really love this heating pad. It is a little stiff but I got used to it. I use it while sitting on my reclining sofa and it greatly helps my neck and back pain and muscle spasms.Bought Size: 31″x21″ Gator Grad Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2022
Awesome heat for my back and gets pretty hot! Price is definitely but any other market and fits perfect to lay down on you whole upper back!! Define recommend before it gets sold out;)Bought Size: 31″x21″ Reviewed in the United States on October 19, 2021
UTK Heating Pad for Pain Relief
UTK jade infrared heating pad for back pain relief, which is designed with medium size 21″x31″ that allows the entire back to be treated with heat to relieve pain. It is also versatile to be put on the stomach, hip, or lumbar, or wrap your knee, leg, or wrist.
There’re two versions to select:
- Regular Version: $269.99 -37% $170.98
- New Version: $211.00
Compare Two Versions of UTK Heating Pad for Back
The upgraded version enlarge the heating area from 13.8 x 20.5 inches to 14 x 26.5 inches and increased from 126 to 153. If you want to compare the two versions, you can refer to the image below.
- Heating Area: 13.8 x 20.5 inches
- 126 natural jade stones
- Heating Area 14 x 26.5 inches
- 153 natural jade stones
- Price: $211.00
Features of UTK Heat Pad for Back Pain Relief:
- Pad Materials: PU leather, 126 natural jade stones (153 stones upgraded version);
- 3 Therapies in one: Far infrared heat therapy, negative ion therapy, hot stone therapy;
- Smart Controller: 4 hours timer function; Adjustable temperature up to 159°F;
HealthyLine Far Infrared Heating Pad
HealthyLine Far Infrared Heating Pad (link referral to Amazon.com) is a full-body size (74 x 28 inches) designed infrared mat, filled with crushed amethyst crystals, tourmaline, and jade stones, which are visible from two transparent rectangle columns.
“The SOFT Mat is all that’s needed to shift your lifestyle in a better direction. It is the perfect solution to find relief from what pains, ails, or bothers you. It contains pounds of crushed gemstones rather than the larger firm stones we tend to use in other models. As a result, this mat is incredibly flexible. Enjoy deep penetrating far-infrared heat on our softest surface to date.”Quoted from the description of HealthyLine
- Stimulating and maintaining your overall wellness
- Use it in bed, on the floor, or on a table
- Sleep on it overnight at a low temperature
- Maximize comfort during use
Features and Details of HealthyLine Heating Pad for Back:
- Mat Materials: PU Leather, natural crushed Amethyst, Tourmaline, and Jade gemstones.
- 3 Therapies in one: Far infrared heat therapy, negative ion therapy, hot stone therapy;
- Controller: LED Display, Time and Temperature Settings, 1-12 hour auto shut-off timer
- EMF Protection: Advanced filtration system and extra EMF-blocking layers
- Mat Size: 74 x 28 x 1.2 inches;
- Mat Weight: 24 Pounds
- Price: $949.0
- Apply certificated healing crystals, amethyst, jade, and tourmaline.
- Full body size, versatile usage for back and shoulder, butt, leg, and even whole body.
- It is a bit heavy to carry around.
- The $949.0 price is kind of expensive and pricey.
Many customers thought the mat is comfortable for the body to relieve tension. The Healthy mat reviews below are for your reference:
This mat is great for stiff and sore joints. My wife has arthritis so I purchased this in an attempt to provide her some relief. She loves it. Her only complaint is that she doesn’t want to get out of bed once she is warm. Note that the matt doesn’t feel very warm to the touch as the heat dissipates quickly. If it is covered with a heavy blanket while warming it holds in heat better. When you lay on it your body will gradually get warmer.Gunner777 Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2018
A gift I have just got.VL Reviewed in the United States on October 25, 2020
I’ve never thought it possible to enjoy and get such an universal benefits from that mat.
You can feel it just if you lie down on it.
However, some customers thought it was somewhat expensive.
I felt it didn’t do what they said so it was basically a very expensive heating padReviewed in the United States on September 15, 2021
Thermotex Infrared Heating Pad for Back Pain
Thermotex is another well-known brand infrared pad for pain relief. And Platinum System is the most popular model as it is a versatile natural pain remedy that penetrates heat temporarily but effectively relieves you of pain from injuries or chronic ailments.
Far infrared heat therapy is utilized to provide deep-penetrating heat to the source of pain in the body, specifically targeting the larger muscle groups including the hips, hamstrings, and upper and lower back, to deliver safe and effective far infrared heat.
- Designed with flexibility. You can fit the pad onto or over the different areas of your body that are in need of relief.
- 3 infrared heat inserts provide targeted and effective infrared heat to almost every part of the body.
- More than a regular heating pad. Far infrared heat therapy penetrates 2.36” into muscle tissue, promoting increased blood flow, something regular heating pads can’t provide.
- Thermotex Platinum allows pain relief at soothing temperatures between 108°-116°F.
- Far infrared heat therapy penetrates much deeper than regular heating pads.
- Lightweight: 2 Pounds
- Versatile to target area: you can fit the pad onto or over the different areas of your body that are in need of relief.
- The small size is just for targeted areas, not for the whole body.
- One single infrared heat therapy was utilized.
- The $229.00 price is a bit pricey.
MediCrystal Amethyst Infrared Mat
MediCrystal Infrared Heat Amethyst Tourmaline Mat, the mini size 32″L x 20″W is great to focus on the lower back, hands, or legs without the whole body hyperthermia. It provides a comfortable & calming setting to relax, revitalize, and relieve stress, tiredness & fatigue.
- 3 therapies coordinately work together. Far infrared heat therapy, negative ions therapy, and healing crystals therapy.
- The mat surface is filled with a layer of tumbled & polished natural Amethyst crystals and black tourmalines.
- The mat heating system is EMF-FREE (< 2mG) with overheating protection.
- Digital Controller to set & maintain 86°-158°F (displayed as 30°-70°C) for 1, 4, 8, or 12 hours.
- The mini size is not only versatile to use but also is quite enough to fit your whole back on it.
- The firmness of the pad is great for back pain relief.
- MediCrystal mats come with a Free Waterproof cover protecting the mat from sweat, spills, and dust.
- The weighted mat can be too heavy for someone to move around it.
- The 60-page long manual instruction is not supposed to go more than a quick start guide.
- It’s on sale at a high price. Mini size (32×20 Inch) $299, Compact size(48 x 22 Inch) $319, Midsize Mat (59×24 Inch) $580.
Acada Heat Belt for Back Pain
Acada Infrared Heat belt is designed to provide pain relief for the lower back and waist. Combination 3 therapies: infrared rays, negative ions, and crystals coordinately work together to deliver healing power as heating up.
- Far infrared rays are intended to penetrate deep into muscle tissue, providing temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain.
- Hot stone therapy temporarily increases your local blood circulation, relaxes, and eases tense muscles and damaged soft tissues throughout your body.
- Negative Ions are beneficial for improving your lung function for more efficient breathing.
- Portable heating pad for the lower back. You can use it for a short time at a high temperature and move around without plugging in it, as it can stay warm at low temperatures for a long time.
- Cost-effective, $79 is a reasonable price.
- The heating area is limited to the lower back area or other parts of the targeted area of your body.
PHYMAT Amethyst Infrared Heating Pad
5 kinds of gemstones maximize healing elements of infrared rays and negative ions, as well as crystal energy for your health and wellbeings.
- Large size 67″ x 27″ (170 cm x 70 cm), makes it great for individuals to sleep on it, relaxing and relieving stress, tiredness, and fatigue.
- Versatile amethyst crystal infrared mat for use on bed, floor, massage table, sofa, and any other flat surface.
- Materials: High-quality PU Leather, PP Cotton, Mesh fabric, Gemstones & Crystals
Untreated, unpainted, 100% natural gemstones and crystals (Amethyst, Clear Crystal, Turquoise, Obsidian, and Orange Jade) form a thick surface layer of PHYMAT Infrared Mat. Warmed gemstones naturally release Negative Ions & Far Infrared Rays, which penetrate deep into your body tissues to help relieve pain and relax your body and mind.
This 5-Gems Amethyst Infrared Mat is the most popular model of PHMAT. It has earned numerous positive feedbacks since its’ release on the market.
PHYMAT Reviews from Amazon Customer
This is a well made product. It provides the temp you want from low to high for as long as wanted. I’m a massage therapist and use this for myself after dealing with negative energy all day. I can’t stay awake for long after I lay down and when getting up find myself renewed. I’d rate this highly if you are looking for infrared treatments.Amazon Customer Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2022
I bought one of these and keep it on my sofa. I basically turn it on anytime I sit down on the sofa and lay on it quite a bit. I have a myofascial pain condition and this is very helpful! It’s heavy and not super easy to move….it’s my only complaint about it. Otherwise, highly recommended!Miafaery Reviewed in the United States on December 20, 2021
To consider the effects of back pain relief, Isabela gave great credit:
Oh I love this heating pad! I literally feel the back pain and stress being lifted from me and feel fantastic afterwards. The therapeutic effects last for a couple of days. I do 20 minutes a day and incorporate this with my daily meditation time.Isabela Reviewed in the United States on November 19, 2021
Comparison in a Table Sheet
|PHYMAT Red Light Heating Mat||UTK Infrared Heat Pad||Healthyline Heating Pad for Back||Thermotex Infrared Heat Pad||MediCrystal Amethyst Infrared Mat||Acada Heat Belt for Back||PHYMAT Amethyst Infrared Heating Pad|
|Price||$69.00 ~ $109.00||$269.99||$949.00||$229.00||$345.00||$79.99||$368.00|
|Efficacy||Far Infrared, Negative Ion, Red Light, Hot Stone||Far Infrared, Negative Ion, Hot Stone||Far Infrared, Negative Ion, Hot Stone||Far Infrared||Far Infrared, Negative Ion, Hot Stone||Far Infrared, Negative Ion, Hot Stone||Far Infrared, Negative Ion, Hot Stone|
|Ratings (Amazon)||4.2 stars||4.5 Starts||3.1 stars||4.2 stars||4.6 stars||4.5 stars||4.6 stars|
|Gemstones||Green Jade, Tourmaline,|
Photon Light LEDs
|Jade stones||Amethyst, Green Jade, Tourmaline Stone||None||Amethyst||Amethyst, Obsidian||Amethyst, Clear Crystal, Turquoise, Obsidian, Orange Jade|
|Size||37“ x 21“; 31“ x 21“; 23″x16″||32“ x 22“||74“ x 28“||15“ x 7“||32“ x 20“||14“ x 8“ (heat area)||67“ x 28“|